ENJOY A SPECIAL ORNITHOLOGICAL EXPERIENCE AMID THE GENTLE RURAL SETTING OF NORTHERN FRANCE’S CHAMPAGNE COUNTRY. FAMED FOR BEING ONE OF THE KEY ROOSTING SITES FOR MIGRATING EUROPEAN CRANES, & WOODLAND UNTOUCHED FOR DECADES
TBC February 2020
- Explore the Parc Naturel Regional de la Foret d’Orient for up to 6 species of woodpecker, Firecrest, Crested Tit, & Short-toed Treecreeper
- Watch large congregations of Cranes (numbers can reach 25,000!)
- Rare raptors such as: White-tailed Eagle, Rough-legged Buzzard & Hen Harriers
- Winter wildfowl such as Smew & Tundra Bean Geese
- Services of an expert naturalist guide
- Small group experience: 7 people.
Stay in a comfortable family-run hotel in Giffaumont-Champaubert, for 4-nights. All rooms are en-suite.
All included, excluding lunch on the first day. Evening meals to be eaten at hotel. Lunches will be picnics using fresh French foods.
The price is per person, and is fully inclusive of return Eurostar travel, minibus travel from Paris, all accommodation, meals, entrance fees and permits, species checklists, services of Simon Ginnaw, & Jason Mitchell, and use of telescope.
As with all tours, the price excludes travel insurance, drinks & other personal expenses
To book or register interest please use the form below: