We begin our tour in the lush rainforests of the Caribbean Lowlands, especially fantastic for hummingbirds & tanagers. We then explore the lagoons and forests of Lagarto, followed by the cloudforests of the Talamanca Mountains, home to the Resplendent Quetzal, arguably the most beautiful bird in the world, plus Emerald Toucanet and a dazzling array of hummingbirds. Moving down into the tropical forests of Carara on the Pacific coast we will search for a wonderful range of trogons, woodcreepers, manakins, tanagers and other species which should include the dramatic Scarlet Macaw. Moving north, we will explore the wetlands of La Ensenada Wildlife Reserve before climbing back up to the mountains once again for our final nights at the base of Arenal Volcano.
Cost: TBC – in the region of £3,500pp
- Watch Resplendent Quetzal in the moss-draped cloudforests of the Talamanca Mountains
- Direct flights to San José with British Airways
- Around 380 to 400 species of birds typically recorded!
- Explore the lowland rainforests of La Selva
- Spectacular scenery of Arenal Volcano National Park
- Explore the mangroves of Carara National Park, with its dramatic Scarlet Macaw colonies
- Numerous colourful tanagers, New World warblers, toucans & motmots
- Enjoy an aerial tram ride through the pristine rainforests
- Led by expert local naturalist guide
- Enjoy local foods & drink
- Led by expert naturalist guides.
- 14-nights in comfortable lodges and hotels
- All main-meals included
- Services of a knowledgeable local guides & air-conditioned minibus travel throughout.
To book or for more information, please complete the form below: